HOME Line is seeking a full time Spanish-speaking Tenant Advocate and Outreach Coordinator
- Provide legal advocacy to renters through HOME Line’s Tenant Hotline.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationship with community agencies throughout Minnesota that work with Spanish speaking renters.
- Recruit volunteers who can speak Spanish and are culturally proficient to provide tenant advocacy through the tenant hotline services.
- Provide outreach to the Spanish-speaking community in order to identify tenant Issues affecting the community and to connect Spanish-speaking renters to the tenant hotline for services and support.
- Provide trainings and education about Minnesota tenant/ landlord law.
- Translate HOME Line materials into Spanish, and provide interpreting for HOME Line community organizing and advocacy meetings when needed.
- Assist HOME Line in adapting our rental advocacy programs to the specific needs of Spanish-speaking renters.
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or four years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience. J. D. preferred.
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours as needed.
- Effective public speaking skills and excellent phone skills.
- Those with a legal or housing background are encouraged to apply.
- Experience working with and understanding of the issues important to urban, rural, low-income communities, communities of color, and other oppressed and/or vulnerable populations.
About HOME Line
Since 1992, HOME Line has provided Tenant Advocacy services throughout Minnesota, giving Minnesota renters the tools they need to solve their own rental problems. Through our Tenant Hotline, callers are able to find information about their rental rights and learn how best to solve rental problems they are facing.
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter of interest, salary expectations and resume to: email@example.com.
Closing date for applying is May 9, 2014. This is a full time position with eligibility for employee benefits.